Junior Support Engineer
- First Level Support/Junior Support Engineer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Sydney
- Fast-Growing Global IT Organisation
- Competitive Salary; IT Certification Programs
DeployPartners deliver high-quality Service Assurance Solutions expertise throughout the Asia Pacific region, we specialise in sales, design, delivery, training and support of service assurance products (Tivoli, Zenoss, Sciencelogic, Moogsoft) and solutions that meet specific business objectives and technology standards.
We are a leading Australian IT Service Assurance / OSS / BSS consulting company, with representative offices in 10 cities across the globe – www.deploypartners.com
We are currently seeking a highly motivated First Level Support or Junior System Engineer looking for their first role, or the next step forward in their career. Ideally, you will have recently completed a Degree in Computer Science or similar and be keen to learn and grow within our organisation.
You will be working in-house in our North Sydney office and occasionally from our Newport office supporting multiple technologies and product environments, monitoring and resolving IT issues internally and providing customer support to our customers that use IBM, Cisco and other solutions provided by DeployPartners. Focusing on areas like product support, product configuration, troubleshooting, technical documentation, assisting R&D with software design and testing. This wide-ranging role will position you at the cutting edge of the rapidly evolving payment technology and security sectors.
You should be an energetic ‘team player’ with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude, who learns quickly. Previous experience or understanding of Software and Support being highly regarded.
Skills & Experience:
A successful applicant will have:
- Proficient with Linux
- An understanding of virtual and cloud technologies
- Networking basics
- Desire to learn and gain certifications in Applications and Products such as IBM, Cisco, Moogsoft, ElasticSearch and others as required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and fluent English
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task
- Must be a Permanent Resident of Australia.
- Be looking for your first job in IT, having recently graduated in Technology
The following skills are highly desired:
- Keen to develop your Database, Programming, Scripting, OS, Networking, Routing, Switching knowledge
- System testing experience
- Ability to liaise with customers, both internal and external, in a clear, professional and timely manner
- Previous experience in a helpdesk support environment beneficial but not essential
Your main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing helpdesk support and resolving problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority unless otherwise indicated by SLA
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk ticketing software
- Document internal procedures
- Assist with onboarding of new users
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to the Support Manager for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to designated groups in Google Apps
- Work as part of a team delivering project assignments at DeployPartners and customer sites.
- System testing
- Provide customer support (including on-call support) to IBM Tivoli and other suite of products and assist with Trouble Tickets logged on live and development systems when not on site. This also includes status communication to the customer of all open support tickets.
- Provide internal support to DeployPartners’ consultants including support of users mail accounts
- Collating monthly support reports
- Attend support meetings with customers as required
- Attain knowledge of products supported and deployed by DeployPartners and complete any required product certifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Salesforce CRM system
This exciting opportunity will enhance your technical abilities and give you the opportunity to grow your career as you are upskilled with the latest technologies.
If you are keen to launch your career, send your CV to email@example.com today!